Monday, March 19, 2007

Had a depressing weekend....but today is another day.

OK, I am so tired of being sick to my stomach. Since the surgery, I have had about four episodes of vomiting each week...and I am not talking about one bout and you are done...it is all morning, or afternoon...or evening. I don't know what the triggers are...one day it was the Actigal pills that I have to take for the next six months to prevent the formation of gall stones. Another day, it was three TEASPOONS of yogurt, and last night it was rice. I was chastising myself as to...why did I do this to my body?

Today, I sent an e-mail to the nurse practitioner that works with Dr. Schauer, Laura, and I poured out my feelings. She sent me an e-mail right back that lifted me back up. She explained that where my stomach was reattached, the opening is so small due to the inflammation from the surgery that it is hard to pass things into my stomach. She said that this can last anywhere from 4-6 weeks after surgery. She said that some people have more trouble than others with this....I must be one of them. She told me that as long as I was keeping something down every day, and making sure that I was getting my protien in, I am going to get thru this phase.

I have been really whiney lately...so bored eating bland foods. I had a treat this past week...Rick got me a baked yam from Texas Roadhouse. I was only able to eat about 1/2 of it, but it had flavor!!! Tonight, I had a piece of lasagna, which stayed down very well...Ok, it was a 1"x2" piece. BUT, I am not hungry.

I had vowed not to weigh myself every day so that I do not become obsessed about it, but I did weigh myself today and have lost another 4lbs...for a grand total of 49 lbs. to date!

No comments: