Friday, November 02, 2007

The Alphabet of Me

My sister had such a good idea running on her blog, so I have decided to copy it. She took each letter of the alphabet and wrote a little about herself pertaining to each letter....

The letter "A"
Autumn...the only things that I enjoy about the season are the color of the leaves, and Halloween. I do not like cold weather AT ALL. This season is just an indicator of the flakes falling from the sky soon. Oh, I forgot, one other thing that I love about Autumn...the clocks get turned back...one extra unadulterated hour of sleep!!!

Anti-depressants. I don't know what my life would be like without them. I have been on them for over 13 years now. It seems to be the only way that I can sleep at night and cope with my life.

Aunt Ann...AKA...Arvilla. My mother's sister-was married to my father's brother. She was an aggressive person,but if she loved you, she did it with a whole heart. I learned this the day that Rick was taken in for emergency surgery on his colon. She went with me to the hospital and sat with me...she never let me get down. She kept reminding me that Rick and the boys would need me to be strong. She will always be in my heart for staying with me.

The letter "B"
My mother, Betty Bursley, also known as "Burs"., Aunt Bee,. Betts. This coming Monday would have been her birthday. I talk to her everyday when I come home from work and drive by the cemetery. I always say, "Hi, mom." Not a day goes by that I do not think of her. I miss her dearly.

Boozer, the four legged demon that hogs the bed I try to sleep in. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my best friends. He cuddles right up to me when I am upset for some loving. He knows that I need his unconditional love and some distraction.

OK...until tomorrow for more letters...

One last note...RICK IS HOME! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have him back home. He has been hospitalized with a bowel obstruction. The man has 9 lives! He fell into the shaft of the elevator in our house last month and now this! He gives me more grey hairs than the kids do! I love him so dearly and it kills me to have him so sick. It kills me to let others take care of him too, especially since the malpractice when he had his spinal cord injury. I do not trust them to take care of him. He has a bed sore from being in the hospital that I need to tend to now.

Till tomorrow...

No comments: