Friday, January 05, 2007

"L" is for the little things you do for me....


The two people pictured to the right are my friend, Marti (in yellow) and my oldest son, Ricky. Can you believe these two? Marti is my next entry in my list for GRATITUDE . I feel loved by Marti, she is always ready to give a shoulder to lean on, a sympathetic ear, and that sage advice that only a best friend can give. Marti is always ready for a "peep" road trip and a good laugh. (she IS going to kill me for putting this picture on the Internet)
I met Marti through scrapbooking, and took an immediate liking to her. Like me, she too is a nurse, so that gave us something else in common. We work at different hospitals, which is good for us. We can complain about our work and understand the frame of reference, but we do not know the persons involved and can be a bit objective. I love to share time for a pedicure with her because it gives us time alone together to talk.
Marti is intelligent, she reads voraciously-belongs to a book club ( I am jealous of that). She is totally devoted to her son, Brandon. She wears her heart on her sleeve as I also do.
This year, when I lost my job, Marti called me daily to keep my spirits up. I am looking forward to another trip with her. When the store that we were buying knock-off designer handbags in NY city got raided, who else would I have wanted to stand on the curb with holding a garbage bag of purses!! How about a trip to see "Wicked" in Chicago???
Marti, Mart the tart, Martha Rose.....I love you girlfriend!!! XOXO Pam

No comments: