Monday, July 09, 2007

10 things I am thankful for...

In honor of my sister, Val, I too, am writing a 10 things I am thanful for list.
1.) My niece Paige. I love this girl so much and think she is one of the most beautiful people that I know-inside and out. I don't even think she knows it.
2.) Pedicures. I have a hard time wearing shoes with backs on them-spend most of the time in clogs, hence, the feet dry out easily. I need the "cheese-grater" file on the heels frequently so that my feet do not catch on the carpeting.
3.) My boys still kiss me good night.
4.) The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking. Something about the chocolate, butter and vanilla....YUM
5.) The art of Scrapbooking, This has given me a creative outlet and so many life long friends.
6.) The fact that my family remains close. I love that my sisters live near by and we get to be a part of each other's lives.
7.) Vera. I am so thankful that my dad has someone in his life. He is such a loving and fun person and the thought that he would be alone after my mom died about broke my heart. Vera is good for him. She makes him happy and I think he deserves every bit of happiness that he can get.
8.) Courage and honor. My husband's to be exact. He faces each day from his wheelchair and never seems to let it get him down. His father would have been proud of him.
9.) My sons playing together. Rare, but it does happen. Their ages being so different, they do not do a lot together. I love that they go out and shoot hoops together. I love to hear them laugh together.
10.) My peeps-Marti and Karen. I could not be blessed with any better friends. They know just when I need a kick in the butt or a kind word. They are the kind of friends that always remember to check in once in a while. Never a one-sided relationship. I love them as if they were my sisters.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I talked to Paige, and she said you are on her 10 things list too!